Program Assistant, Simmons Center for Cancer Research
Date Posted: 10/02/2017
Start date: 10/16/2017
Hourly Wage: Negotiable
JOB ID: 67088
Individual needed to assist Program Coordinator in managing and coordinating the activities of the Simmons Center for Cancer Research (SCCR) located on BYU campus. This position will also assist the Program Coordinator/Race Director in the planning and executing of the Rex Lee Run, and will work closely with the Cougars vs. Cancer group (BYU student association). Primary responsibilities are listed below.
This is a part-time year-round position. The time commitment varies, but peaks specifically from February to mid-March due to the Rex Lee Run.
- Assisting Program Coordinator and Director of the SCCR as needed
- Preparing annual reports and monitoring monthly budget reports
- Assistant oversight of Summer and Year-Round Fellowship programs
- Liaison between Cougars vs. Cancer group and the SCCR
- Assisting in preparations and executions for the Rex Lee Run
- Answering phones, responding to emails, and managing records
- Updating Rex Lee Run and SCCR websites and social media sites when requested
- Working with LDS Philanthropies representatives and assisting with development activities and events
- Soliciting sponsors for the Rex Lee Run
- Self-motivated, reliable, detail-oriented, problem-solver. multi-tasker
- Organized, good time management skills
- Quick learner, follows through on assignments
- Team player
- Communicates professionally with the public, city officials, and across departments within the University
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Social media savvy
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Website management
- Previous race experience
- Event planning
- Non-profit knowledge/experience
- Volunteer leadership/management
Application Instructions: Apply online at studentjobs.byu.edu; attach your resume and cover letter
Applicants can expect to hear back by mid-October.
Must have regular and consistent attendance at scheduled shift.