Posting Dates: 08/14/2017 – 08/18/2017
Job Family: Human Resources
Department: Office Communication Services
The Office of Communication Services of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is looking for a dedicated, detail-oriented person with strong writing, teamwork, and relationship building skills to join our team as a Communications Intern.
This internship offers an excellent opportunity for a talented student (or recent graduate) to help coordinate publishing of priority messages from Church leaders, compile data and create reports related to important communications work, and building relationships with content leads at headquarters and around the world to better coordinate Church-wide communications.
The internship is paid and is anticipated to last one year. It is a part time position (28 hours per week), hourly, and nonexempt. The candidate must be currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from (within the last 12 months), an undergraduate program in communications, public relations, or marketing. Potential candidates must be willing and able to commit to as least 9 months in the position.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university studying English, communications, public relations, marketing, journalism or equivalent.
- Strong work ethic and highly motivated; self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Strong writer and good people skills with strengths in building trusted relationships
- Skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, OneDrive, PowerPoint, and using data to create effective presentations
- Use social media networks like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Snapchat regularly
- Detail oriented, organized, and a hard-working self-starter that takes initiative to get things done.
- Assist Church messaging staff with creating communication and awareness plans for Church-wide events, product releases, and messages from Church leaders.
- Assist with compiling data and information for presentation and reports to be shared with general authorities and general officers of the church.
- Assist in publishing, moderating, and quality control on Church’s social media channels during live events.
- Assist with writing, content ideas, and other publishing needs related to the LDS.org blog.
- Provide information to Church’s messaging staff about trends in content marketing, social tool updates, relevant case studies, and examples of ways people are using Church content online.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.