KSL Radio Sports Internship (Fall)
Who we are: Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and operate 14 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. We’re proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
Internship Overview: We need a motivated and engaged student with a strong interest in broadcasting and sports to join the KSL Radio Sports team. As an intern, you will have an opportunity to be involved with the daily operations of the KSL Sports team and will get an inside look at the operations of a top-tier radio station. You will be expected to be actively sharpening your skills through the responsibilities that will be assigned to you. These may include the following:
- Conduct audio interviews for broadcast and online productions
- Attend occasional BYU practice sessions and/or post-practice interview sessions
- Help produce “Cougar Sports Saturday” program
- Assist with weekly BYU coaches’ show
- Booking guests
- BYU broadcast production assistance (in-week and on game day during football or basketball seasons only)
- Web video and podcast production
- Audio archiving
The internship will cover a period of 12 weeks with a schedule of approximately 20 hours per week to be determined by intern and intern coordinator.
- Intern must be registered at a university, college, community college, or vocational-technical institute on a full-time basis and in good academic standing
- Prefer candidates working toward degree in broadcast journalism or equivalent
- Organized, able to meet deadlines and be a self-starter with a proven ability to be precise and accurate
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Good writing, production and conversation skills needed to transmit information clearly and efficiently
- Receive, process and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination
Persons participating in the KSL Radio Sports Internship need to understand that no guarantees are given for future employment with KSL.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
Click HERE for more information and to apply.