KSL Social Media Internship for Summer
Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and operate 14 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. We’re proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
KSL is pleased to offer an internship with their Social Media team. We are looking for students who are interested in a NON-PAID learning opportunity, where they can extend their social media and broadcasting education beyond the classroom. This internship is designed to provide students with a strong interest in social media and broadcasting an opportunity to gain an insight into the operation of a professional broadcast production. The internship will cover a semester-long period.
During the course of the internship, interns will support the social media producers for both KSL TV and KSL NewsRadio on all social media channels. Interns will help post content to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube properties. Interns will have the opportunity to create and post content and will help spot emerging news trends.
- Intern must be registered at a university, college, community college or vocational-technical institute on a full-time basis and in good academic standing
- Preference given to students of junior or senior standing
- Good understanding of social media, specifically Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter
- Ability to create content such as memes, vemes, and infographics
- Ability to curate news content from around the web
- Ability to spot emerging news trends both nationally and locally
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oran and/or written communication effectively
- Life, move, and carry up to 20 pound on occasion
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination
Applicant Must Submit:
- Completed internship application
- Current academic transcript
- Letter from applicant’s university or college verifying arrangement of credit for the internship
Persons participating in the KSL Social Media Internship need to understand that no guarantees are given for future employment with KSL.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
Details and apply here: https://ksl.applicantpro.com/jobs/557414-14242.html